Tuesday, July 5, 2016



GOD BLESS AMERICA!

"I bear my solemn and sacred witness that the United States of

America is the greatest nation on the face of the earth. We ought to
love it and we ought to talk about it" - Bishop Featherstone, October
1975 General Conference.

Hey everyone, sorry about the late email. We were super short yesterday on time. But
this last week was great! It'll be a little shorter email..

Last Monday we went to Antibes for the day with the Elders and did a
hike with them and some members! It was right on the coast of the Cap
d'antibes and it was super beautiful! We had a really good time.

The next day I took Elder Berget who's in his fourth transfer back to
Toulon with me and we had an exchange. It was a very hot exchange but
it was good. We talked to some people, visited the Patous couple (the
Amis that are super nice), and we turned an almost aggression into a
decent conversation. Some guys from northwestern African decent came
running up to us and they were pestering us a bit. I felt calm when
talking to them so we just talked about who the Mormons are and what
we believe in. We cleared up some false ideas that they've heard from
television (the classic polygamy, live in communities, Amish, etc.
haha) and they turned out to be somewhat nice.

On Wednesday we went and played some ball with some people and met a
couple guys. One dude was from Paris but he'll be in Toulon for a few
months on vacation, so we got his number and we're hoping to play some
ball with him soon and hopefully talk to him about the gospel. He
seemed like a very open, nice dude. And plus he loves Americans (like
every other French person ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ)

On Thursday, my comp had to go to Nice to do his legality stuff, so I
went and chilled in St Raphael for the day with one of my best mission
homies, Elder Loosle! (His comp was also doing legality so he went
with my comp.) honestly it was the funniest and most fun exchange I've
had on my mission. I've known Loosle since the MTC and we just had a
good time! We met some cool people such as law students.. But the next
day was zone training, and to go there we ended up on a train that was
coming from Paris, so it was a night train... Long story short, we
ended up in a room on the train with beds and so we laid down and fell
asleep while looking out at the Cรดte d'Azur ๐Ÿ˜Ž ☀️๐Ÿ–๐Ÿน



Zone training was good. We ate lunch at a nice spot in Nice.



S/O to Ethan Davis! We saw him outside the gare in Nice and talked to
him for a bit.. He was one of the assistants when I first got into the
mission and I got to know him a bit.. I instantly recognized him! Haha
super fun



On Saturday Loveland wasn't feeling very good so we were inside most
of the day.

Sunday was my birthday! We went to church and then after church our
Brazilian ami invited us to come to lunch (he didn't even know it was
my birthday, but it all worked out well!) then Sunday evening we took
a train and went to Nice! We had ten elders in the apartment and it
was a fun time!



Monday we spent Fourth of July playing some soccer in the morning,
eating some KFC for lunch ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ and shopping out in Nice in the
afternoon. Not bad we actually talked to a lot of people
that day and we weren't even searching it out.. It was pretty cool! We
met some Americans as well,  I sat next to a woman on the train and we
talked the whole time! We found out she lives in our sector so we
might see her again.



Well I think that's all for this week! S/O to my family for the great
birthday gifts! #TacoNight



Love you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment